The Autism Issue explores why autism is so misunderstood by society and turns the commonly-held view of autism perpetuated by the media on its head.
You can read The Autism Issue via Issuu by clicking on the cover image above, or you can download the PDF Digital Version here (please note the PDF version has been compressed resulting in a slightly lower image quality than the version at the top of the page).
Key points discussed in the issue include:
- Autism; The Clinical View with Stan Lapidus, CEO of SynapDx Corp who is currently leading the world’s largest autism clinical study to evaluate its new blood test designed to identify autistic children at a younger age.
- The Diagnosis Crisis: An analysis of the diagnostic process and why autistic adults find it so difficult to get diagnosed in the UK.
- Autism; The Clinical View: An exploration of Simon Baron-Cohen’s views on the potential introduction of a prenatal test for autism.
- Temple Grandin: Autism, Innovation & the Secrets of Silicon Valley.
- The Autism Scandal: Why Autism Speaks doesn’t speak for Autistic People.
- The Autistic Civil Rights Movement: The Long Road Ahead by Lydia Brown.
- The Strengths of Autism by Michael Barton.
- A Different View of Autism: Exploring the concepts of autism and neurodiversity with Damian Milton.
- Autism & Empathy: Autism, empathy, and the mind-blindness of everyday people by Karla McLaren.
- A Different View of Autism: 19 year old Nathan Foy and the Autistic Society Greater Manchester Area.
- The 2009 Autism Act: Autistic UK’s Message to Government.
- Autism in the Workplace: A look at new initiatives to welcome autism in the workplace.
- The Biggest Misconception of All? An assessment of why autism is classified as a ‘Mental Disorder’.
- What is Autism? A guide to the myths, strengths and challenges of autism.
Help us Raise Awareness of The Autism Issue
There are over 500 autism groups, autism professionals, media outlets, think tanks and government bodies from around the globe that we would like this issue to go to, in order to help show a different side to autism.
If you would like to order a print copy of the magazine to be distributed to our mailing list please click here.
DOWNLOAD THE NEW IDEALIST BACK ISSUES FREE
- Issue Five: The Doomsday Edition (Extreme Weather Special)
- Issue Four: The Issue We’re All Talking About (Guest Edited by the actress Jodhi May)
- Issue Three: Has Obama been corrupted by the machine?
- Issue Two: IQ VS EQ – Is Emotional Intelligence what you need to succeed in the digital age?
- Issue One: Downwardly Mobile? Will the next generation find it harder to reach the next level?